Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Curse of Nineveh

The Curse of Nineveh 5 years 2 weeks ago #3773

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
sorry guys can't make it tonight
roll high or go home
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Curse of Nineveh 5 years 2 weeks ago #3776

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
EDITH LEWIS' ANGRY PUSSY

We search Edith's house. More disturbing Lewis Wayne cat paintings adorn walls. Even more disturbing, her cats talk. They ask us why we’re searching round. Cats hiss at the name Philip Church.

Study: In her locked study we find Lewis Wayne annuals 1905-1915. His work becomes more abstract as the years progress. Occult and history books on shelves include works of Alister Crowley, Egyptology and ancient Mesopotamia in pristine condition. On desk is a black onyx statuette of Bast. Note books and letters include plenty of hate mail from Philip Church. Church’s correspondence is almost exclusively about the row over Edith wanting the London Abyssinian recognised as a cat breed. Philip Church, we discover, is an animal vet.

In a note pad Edith has a diagram of an alter room and a ‘shopping list’ of items required for it. She’s also working on some kind of incantation to Bast.

Attic: The attic is an open space, with hanging pennants decorated with cat designs and glyphs. On a makeshift alter (two packing crates covered by a blanket) is burning incense and a copper plate containing a festering sheep’s heart (a sacrificial offering). Beside the alter is a 3ft tall black hardwood cat effigy (Bast). The effigy has living eyes. Somebody shoots it and it bleeds. Who shot it; this idol of a false god? Luca doesn’t remember a thing; this part of the evening being blanked from his mind.

A shrill scream on the air is followed by a booming voice: “defilers!” The investigators flee. There’s a thumping at the study door and it begins to splinter as the investigators leap out of a first floor window. Hundreds of cats (some moggies and others of stranger breeds) chase them from the grounds and part way across Croydon. The investigators retire to London to lick their wounds and decide not to return to deal with Edith Lewis or Philip Church.

MOVING FORWARD
The investigators are in dire need of some recovery time, not least the seriously injured Silvan. From the end of February to the beginning of June 1926, various events occur and research unearths interesting titbits of information.

Bast hates Nabu and might have proven a valuable ally, if she didn’t now hate us so much.

The police make several arrests following an attempted break in at the British Museum. Thieves of Arab descent (Children of Tranquillity) are caught digging under the museum vaults. They were intent on stealing large items and smuggling them out through the London underground network and onwards to the coast to a waiting steamer. Amongst those arrested is Azur Rayman, the leader of the Arab group. Three police officers were killed during a struggle in the tunnels by a wild creature (shambler).

Patrick Longton, museum curator, finished deciphering the rubbings taken from the Horn of Alu. As we know, an Avatar of Alu can manifest just by the horn being in the presence of enough people (it draws on their magic points). For one person to definitely summon an avatar, all he needs to do is sound the horn. An Avatar of Alu can be summoned to protect the possessor of the horn from Nabu. But the possessor then needs protection from the Avatar of Alu that he summons. We believe the Twin Ugallos may be the key to this.

Newspapers report on frequent killings in Croydon. The local constabulary have had to draw on reinforcements to deal with the crisis. Victims are found shredded and half-eaten. The murders culminate in the deaths of Edith Lewis and Philip Church. The killings end suddenly in June. We believe Bast has had enough of both of them.

Early June 1926. More items have been stolen from the British Museum. Interestingly one item was taken but a fake left in its place. This latter piece is described as the Seal of Nabu. Seal is a blue glazed tablet depicting a man worshipping a stylus.

Sunday 13th June 1926. Terror at London Church. Police attend St. Luke’s to find an appalling scene. Seven people dead and 21 injured. Police at a loss to what has occurred. The only witness named in the newspaper report is a Mr. Oakesy who heard a commotion within the building. Police have sealed off the church.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 days ago by Garuda.

The Curse of Nineveh 5 years 2 weeks ago #3779

• stew
  • Heroic Character
Sorry lads unless something changes with my sore throat, I won't be at the club this Thursday, I picked it
up last Thursday and I'm pretty rough , it only became a problem today .I'll message Thursday morning one way or another.
Great write up again Paul , usual reward , did you take your bonus dice with your psychology rolls ?

The Curse of Nineveh 5 years 2 weeks ago #3781

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Get well soon, Stew :) ! Chaps - any suggestions for if Stew can't make it?

The Curse of Nineveh 5 years 1 week ago #3782

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Mr. B wrote:
Get well soon, Stew :) ! Chaps - any suggestions for if Stew can't make it?

Well I'm still up for hide and seek!

I won't have time to prepare a one shot. Could bring a card game though: Condottiere, Bloodbowl Manager, Heroes of Terrinoth etc. Maybe Eldritch Horror boardgame (but would need to quickly revise rules)?

Would be open to someone else running a oneshot or bringing something along.

Primarily though - let's hope Stew makes it tomorrow B)
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

The Curse of Nineveh 5 years 1 week ago #3783

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Agreed! Hope you’re on the mend, Jefe!
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds