Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Paizo Starfinder ROT1 2018

Paizo Starfinder ROT1 2018 6 years 3 months ago #2530

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Hi Viggi.

As in Rat a Tat Tat, presumably! Great Stuff!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Paizo Starfinder ROT1 2018 6 years 3 months ago #2531

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Hi Inept.

I have not been able to find a suitable feline race for you in the Starfinder rules. Obviously if this were Savage Worlds, I would have no problem with this. Since this is a bit of a try-out for the new game, and I don't know enough about how character races are constructed, I would prefer to stick to the starting races in the rulebook at the moment. I hope you don't mind this. I wouldn't normally adopt quite such a conservative approach.

thanks

Paizo Starfinder ROT1 2018 6 years 3 months ago #2532

• Viggi
  • Heroic Character
Andy,
www.starfindersrd.com/races/races-by-oth...enius-games/catfolk/
Rogue Genius games, who are usually ok. Totally up to you of course.

Paizo Starfinder ROT1 2018 6 years 3 months ago #2533

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Hi everybody,

In this instance I would prefer to use the point buy system for generating ability scores rather than rolling them up. This can be found on the SRD, and also on page 18 of the core rulebook. On average this gives +7 ability bonuses. Again I know this is a little bit boring, but again it's about assessing the new game system on a level playing field. Also it means that it's potentially possible for everybody to turn up on week one with character generation mostly sorted, and we get straight on with things. If any one wants to disagree, then shout up and I'll put it to a vote.

Thanks

Paizo Starfinder ROT1 2018 6 years 3 months ago #2534

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Hi Viggi, Thanks!

I agree, this isn't a bad take on this issue. If Inept wants to run with this I probably wouldn't mind that much, also it doesn't look "broken".
It hints in the "small print" that the catfolk can have many different forms, but this isn't represented in the build. Given this, I would like a toolkit, where you can choose from a list of different options. low light vision is a given, as is +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Wis (keep a ball of wool handy). But what about the "9 lives" Luck option, reduced falling damage, bonus to stealth, bonus to hunting and tracking skills, bonus movement, and potential natural weaponry. From your point of view I would be worried about "racial enemy - mice and rats"!). If you gave them all of these then the race would be truly broken. Or you could have several detailed subraces, like pathfinder tieflings, all fully balanced. So you could choose a lion subtype, or a leopard subtype, or whatever (thundercats!). Or you could build a racial feat tree!. This would be good, but a lot of fiddlyfaff, for very little return, from my point of view. I think that this "does the job" but isn't as interesting as it could potentially be, and I wouldn't find it attractive as a player.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Andrek.

Paizo Starfinder ROT1 2018 6 years 3 months ago #2574

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
H all
I have tried to put something together based on the cat people operative template Viggi identified. not sure I have done it properly, seams to have a LOT of skills.

it turned into a bit of a techno wiz, with little combat capability...
sort of a rocket type character without the huge cannons!

Andy if you can send me your email I will forward it to you to check through. as I may miss a couple of weeks npc'ing a mechanic should be easy enough!

anyway... enter the mad professor! Pyrimidine Kerr, a slight nervous looking Felini (cat people), ignored the natural weapons, the hunting and the tracking and went for something more furtive. seemed to fit.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds