Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Expanse - Angels

The Expanse 4 years 11 months ago #3756

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sant wrote:
Your crew (let's call it a crew) ... ....

Why can't we be a ship's company?
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Expanse 4 years 11 months ago #3757

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
tree house a crowd?
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

The Expanse 4 years 11 months ago #3775

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Can all watch this please ifyou havent read the books or watched the series.

The game takes place between books 1 and 2, after the Eros incident but before the Ganemede Incident. The year is approximately 2350.

The Expanse 4 years 11 months ago #3777

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Session 0 (week 1) will be generation and the start. Here is the Flavour...I might have been a but tipsy when i wrote this so ignore typos please.

It is the year 2350

For reasons known only to yourself you singularly signed on as part of a ‘guardian team’ on the freighter Seraphim. You form part of a 5 or 6 man team designated to provide support and care for a cargo of prisoners of Star Helix (private police/security).
You were all on Ceres Station when you signed on for this job. The Seraphim was transporting convicts from Star Helix, the majority of which were alleged OPA operatives and activists who had fallen foul of the law for various acts from inciting violence, to vandalism, smuggling and violent acts.
You boarded the Seraphim and made the 7 day journey at a comfortable 0.3g burn to Luna. There you disembarked the cargo and stayed aboard for the return trip to Ceres. There were a few ‘looks’ from the belter dockworkers on Ceres as you departed with your cargo, to be expected given the tensions since the Eros incident.
It was no secret that the captain and owner of the Seraphim Jules Bernard took this job because of the high pay out he would receive for transporting prisoners which would, in turn, be used by him to allow the Seraphim to undergo a much-needed overhaul of the Epstein Drive at Bush Shipyards orbiting Luna. A shipyard that has purely a military role under normal circumstances but in this case Bernard had called in a few favours form his ex navy days to get the Seraphim the work he required that he knew was going to be the high quality it needed.
The Seraphim then made its return journey to Ceres Station with a cargo of pharmaceuticals. It is here that you were paid off and bid farewell to Bernard and his crew, many of which you struck up positive relationships with, particularly the medical officer Jane Short, an attractive ex-UN Navy earther in her mid 40s on her last 6 month tour before she was intending to retire back to earth and the engineer Joachim Smith, a 20 something year old belter with an infectious laugh and a uniquely jovial outlook on life.
Bernard promised that he would be back with more work for you on his return.
So here you are.. Having met each other and spent a few days on the float, sharing air, food and bunking assignments, you are all gathered in the Leaking Brain bar watching the news feeds and discussing your next life moves.

So, regarding character generation which will be session 1, you are required to bring a story as to why your character would sign on to this job, a not particularly high paying venture, but a low risk one in the grand scheme of things, your goals, short and long term and an inkling of where your life is heading. You will all have some kind of moral compass and there is not really any space for pure anti-heroes, but any that have read the books will know that the expanse is a thing of stories, of backstories and the human condition. What really brought you to sign on to the Seraphim?

We will either roll for stats or do point buy. I will allow you to choose backgrounds and professions, but there will be a GM bonus for any who leave it to the dice gods.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Sant.

The Expanse 4 years 11 months ago #3778

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Just realised, week one is Easter week. I'll be in a hopefully sunny Devon.

Would you like to run me through character creation beforehand?

Could arrive at club 7.30-ish this week or next to create a character before we begin Stu's Cthulhu. Otherwise I'll need to do this after Easter.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

The Expanse 4 years 11 months ago #3780

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
OK well do it Thursday
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds