Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden

Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 2 years 8 months ago #5465

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
Ok will go with 2 sets of 4d6 drop lowest
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 2 years 8 months ago #5468

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Is there a bottom threshold for stats - i.e nothing lower than a 9 for instance?

Thinking of playing a wizard. It's a class I've never played before. Closest I've got is a dual class monk-sorcerer in recent times and a magic user in AD&D about forty years ago.

I think playing a magic user in AD&D put me off arcane characters - you had a d4 hit dice and had to roll it for hit points even at level 1 (minus your inevitable negative con modifier), you only had one spell for the whole day, and never earned any XP as it all went to the fighters and paladins as XP was never shared. Ah, the rose-tinted spectacles.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 2 years 8 months ago #5469

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
No low limit. Unless the character is an absolute basket case.

Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 2 years 8 months ago #5477

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
one basket case... coming up...
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 2 years 7 months ago #5510

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Character concept, pending GM approval!

Sten Salmonsen, Dwarf Fighter

Raised by his Uncle Olaf and (young, human) Aunt Gunvor in an isolated fishing town. His uncle owned a fishing boat and small shop, and both Sten and his uncle spent most of their time at sea. Aunt Gunvor grew resentful of the time she spent alone and stinking of fish. She longed to leave Olaf and move to Neverwinter, but knew she would need money to do so.

One day, an uncouth fellow called Jansen signed on to Olaf's crew. Aunt Gunvor claimed he was a distant cousin in need of work. In the midst of a terrible storm, Jansen revealed he was actully a werewolf, and set about killing everyone on board! Sten cast the beast overboard, but not before Uncle Olaf was slain.

When the ship returned to dock, Aunt Gunvor accused Sten of murdering the crew. Sten argued that Jansen was to blame, but Gunvor denied that any such person existed. Sten was arrested and sentenced to life imprisonment. Meanwhile, Gunvor sold her late husband's business and moved to Neverwinter. After fifteen years hard labour, Sten escaped prison and fled north to Icewind Dale, hoping his captors would not pursue him across that inhospitable terrain.

Sten hopes to avenge his uncle's murder, but Gunvor is now married to an influencial merchant in Neverwinter and seemingly beyond his reach (unless for some reason she was to turn up in Bryn Shander at some point in the near future....)
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.

Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 2 years 7 months ago #5511

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
excellent mike. start the game with a point of inspiration!
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds