Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 9 months 1 week ago #6836

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Hey all.

Just a quick comment. Since it's XP based you have a personal problemt hat's not really working you're welcome to review and change it before next weeks session. It won't apply xp from sessions already done but would apply going forward.

If you're happy with it keep it :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 9 months 1 week ago #6837

• Sarge
rhodsey wrote:
Hey all.

Just a quick comment. Since it's XP based you have a personal problem that's not really working you're welcome to review and change it before next weeks session. It won't apply xp from sessions already done but would apply going forward.

If you're happy with it keep it :)

Think I'll take you up on that.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 9 months 5 days ago #6850

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
“... we have just received word that the news about the Emissary having disappeared does indeed appear to be true, and that the investigation has been turned over to the Judicators. We turn to Harnek Mara, Bulletin representative at the Council, for an update.”

“Thank you Jabal. Rumours about the Emissary's disappearance started to circulate this morning as the Emissary – who attends the meetings of the Council in an observer capacity – did in fact not attend yesterday's Council meeting...”

“Which you can confirm as you were at the meeting, correct?”

“That's right Jabal, the Emissary's chair was empty during the meeting and all attempts at contacting the Emissary today have failed...”

“Now... now... Excuse me Mister Mara, reports are just coming in about crowds gathering out on the Ring around the Spring Plaza. Our reporter Mafra Sarmin is on the scene and knows more.”

“Thank you Jabal. Rumors are spreading quickly and people are already gathering here to express their despair, sorrow or anger over the disappearance of the Emissary. The first to gather appear to have been a group of pilgrims destined for the Xene station where the Emissary known as the Judge resides, and more and more people are arriving every minute. It looks as if some form of protest is being organized, but against who or what is uncertain. The Guard is understaffed but doing their best to keep the crowds confined to the plaza. Back to you Jabal.”

“Thank you Mafra. Reports are coming in from all around the station from people claiming to have seen the Emissary – just recently we heard from a very agitated slummer saying that the Emissary just “ floated” past him in a corridor in the Cellar. The situation is likely to be chaotic for some time in regard to what has actually happened, isn't that right Marnek Hara?

“Yes, the opor fumes in the Cellar have already produced some rather fantastical eyewitness reports about the so-called “new mystics”, and one could expect more of the same to follow now...

“What will the disappearance of the Emissary mean for the Third Horizon? I now have Boro Bruhari, noted Icon scholar, with me to answer that question. What is your opinion about this mister Bruhari?

“Well, right now it is hard to say what will come out of it – people are undoubtedly in shock over what has happened – many viewed the arrival of the Emissaries as a sign that the return of the Icons was close at hand.”

“You are referring here to the myths about how the Icons, after teaching mankind how to travel the void, promised to return in humanity's darkest hour, correct?”

“Yes, but that is only one of the many apocryphal stories about the Icons that flourishes within the Church and...”

“Thank you mister Bruhari, we will now go back to Mafra Sarmin, our reporter on the streets, who has been asking passersby on the Ring what they think about today's events – over to you, Mafra.”

“Thank you Jabal, I am standing here with Sarai Namaran – what does the disappearance of the Emissary mean to you?”

“Well, it's all because of these new mystics, they siphon energy off the Emissaries you see... They channel the Dark and the wrath of the Icons and...”

“Eh, thank you Mafra, that's just about all the time we have...”

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 7 months 4 weeks ago #6875

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Have put game up to continue in R2 next year if you can mark if you're good to go please. Anyone not able to do R2 specifically we can move things around if needed.

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 3 months 1 week ago #7050

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Previously... In the Third Horizon…

After a short detour into one of the most significant events in Third Horizon (and arguably galactic) history our crew find themselves investigating a murder where it turns out the computer did it.

A few months later, during what are dubbed the Mysticides, a Series of kidnappings of people afflicted with the Mystics disease, a “friend” of one of the crew reaches out and they start to investigate his disappearance. Suspicion eventually falling on a judas goat shaped steward who was being used to lure them into a trap linked to a Sanitorium ran by the Samaritans.

Right as they plan to go investigate further news breaks that the Emissary who claims to be the physical embodiment of the Messenger is kidnapped. A riot ensues that the group barely survive before they are invited to meet with a Judge who employs their services to help find the missing Avatar of a god.

It's 8 days till the Cyclade on CC60. Almost a cycle since they first appeared the Emissary known as the Messenger has been kidnapped in the highest profile case of what has been dubbed the Mysticides. The Crew have been hired to discretely look into their disappearance. What will they find at the Emissaries residence and how deep does this rabbit hole go?

We start again on the 29th.

Now to go finish reading the rulebook...

R5 - Coriolis: the Third Horizon 2 months 3 weeks ago #7081

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
For those interested Free League have mentioned there will be some Big Coriolis related news on tuesday...
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds