Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: We Are Thieves - Discussion

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 3 months ago #1887

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
My Name is Dorian Aventus and i am a cursed man.

Dorians Jornal: Entry 1

I awoke to find myself strapped to a table, wearing nothing but a tattoo that i did not have before. A peculiar gas filled the room and my head and made my mind hazy but i remember enough. This was some sort of party. Scantly dressed women bigger than a pregnant ox feasted on food from upon my naked body. They did unimaginable things to me. I felt my anger rise but the beast and i were calmed by this gas. I drifted in and out of consciousness.

I saw an unfamilar face above me. He and his companions untied my bonds and led me away. Once my head had cleared they introduced themselves.
Kelln, a thieve bard, who knew he way around words and songs. Albe to convince a begger to part with his past coin.
Gerlet, another thieve who seemed to have some training in the mystics arts (Perhaps he can cure what ails me so?)
and then i met Dimble, It was my first meeting with a gnome. i almost mistook him for a child. but a master of illusion he is and clever aswell.

They told me that Barney (The swine) had asked them to steal a child. and after wanting to get my bow and blade back form him. i offered my help. With few exceptions we managed to get away from the household with the child in our possession. Good old threaten the child helped there and some help from Kellen's honeyed words.

We made our way back to Barneys shop. after some chatting he vanished, luckliy i got my gear back and now i am leaving with these new companions to the next town while the heat dies down. So much for trying to get a few more jobs from here.

Dorians Personal thoughts:

The beast was unusually quiet today. was it the gas from that chamber we was in or did it simply enjoy watching me suffer?
Hopefully these new companions are hearty and loyal even if they are thieves. although who am i to judge?

Kellen seems like a good a trustworthy man. perhaps i shall divulge my condition to him. Maybe he knows someone who can help me?
Gelert seems withdraw, like myself he is a man of few words, dont know what to make of him at the moment tho. Still his use of magic might be of use to me i hope.
Dimble is a plesant gnome. he has brought a smile to my face which i thought i had forgotten many moons ago.

They all seem like good fellows and hopefully they can be good friends. How long has it been since i had a friend? Gods. who knows?
Still not something to worry about. we have a long trek ahead of us.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 2 months ago #1892

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
Dorians journal Entry 2:

The group that rescued me from the mansion have been most accommodating. We set out to look for some work today to earn some coin for a our empty pockets and came across 2 jobs. one being a gathering of rare materials for a wizard and a merchant body guard job that was heading north. After a lengthy discussion and the gnome disappearing for a while we decided to take the merchants job.

Preparing for the job was an easy enough task. I refilled my rations and bought a healing potion just in case. then I set off to explore the town. I found a temple of the Healing god whose names escapes me at this time. I wondered in and asked the cleric there what he knew about my affliction. He told me he did not know much. He did suggest however that i might be able to find what i need from the head of his order. Whose location just so happens to be where we are going with the merchant.

We set out in the early morning and were joined by 5 young men who seemed to be very brash and didn't seem to know of battle. they proclaimed that they had slain a hundred orcs with the swords they held but this did not ring true as their weapons were pristine and had not a scratch om them. I decided to ignore them as best i could and climbed on top of the wagon to get a better view of the area. The merchant did not seem to happy about it but he saw my reasoning and asked simply to call out every hour to make sure i was still awake.

Its been a week since we set off on this journey and i grow weary of these young men. They have yet to prove there worth in battle and work as they do not do much to help around the camp at night. We Travelled through a forest today and were stopped by a goblin with a log blocking the road. he demanded us hand over our gold and when we didn't his friends hidden in the bushes attacked us. there was a lot of running about by Gelot and Kellen (who for some reason changed himself into a goblin, maybe i was wrong about his smarts?)

I targeted the leader of these goblins and remember some form of spell hitting me and then i woke up on top of the canvas with Dimble standing over me, The bastard goblin had used a spell on me. The group had driven them off and settled for the night when we were attacked yet again by the goblins who this time set fire to the canvas on the wagons. after some running about and cutting we put the fire out and hurried our way through the forest. Hopefully that'll be the end of the goblin attacks for a while.

Dorians Personal thoughts:
The news from he cleric is good. I shouldn't get my hopes up but you never know. maybe i will finally be rid of this affliction at last.
I did notice in our battle today that we were not very organised and may need someone to take point in a fight so the rest of the group can get the drop on the enemy. Maybe i should ask the merchants body guard for some tips?

I am worried that the beast will soon rise. I have a hunger in me that i cannot sate with food and drink. I hunger for flesh i wonder if the others have noticed the hunger in my eyes? I should tell my companions about my affliction but how would they react. Not many people are accommodating to a beast as i have found out. Still if it means a few innocent lives can be spared i must warn them.

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 2 months ago #1893

• moc
  • Elite Member
Adam good write up +1 critical hit for next game. Adam do you sleep? Lol

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 2 months ago #1894

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
We Are Thieves / Part Three - 19/01/2017

Eager to leave the city before the repercussions of the previous job catch up with them, the thieves seek honest labour as caravan guards in the employ of Master Merchant Gaylen. How the Master Merchant became so wealthy knowingly employing wanted felons as caravan guards is a mystery beyond the scope of this adventure. Gaylen is transporting two large wagons heavily laden with steel bars to the northern province of Umbria. The thieves are assigned to guard the first of these cumbersome vehicles, whilst a small party of rosy-cheeked 1st level adventurers are tasked with protecting the second.

At this point, Kellen appears to suffer some inexplicable break with reality and develops a second personality utterly alien to his first (or perhaps he is just being poorly roleplayed?). He approaches the other thieves with a plan to slowly murder everyone else in the caravan, then sell the steel themselves by masquerading as Master Mercant Gaylen once they reach Umbria. Gelert and Dimble immediately sign on to this audacious plot, but Dorian ("I am a cursed man") is more worried about getting to their destination before his next monstrous transformation than he is with any homicidal hijinx along the way. Evil-Kellen adds the man's name to his (extensive) list of 'people we may need to murder In the near future'. Thus, 'Operation Steal Steel' is born!

The first week of the journey north passes uneventfully. On the eighth day, the caravan enters an ominous and forbidding forest. The road ahead is blocked by two fallen trees and atop this obstacle squats a goblin shaman festooned with bone charms and mangy furs.

"Surrender your goods or die!" the goblin screeches. From the bushes to either side of the trail comes the worrying sound of many bowstrings being pulled taught by hidden archers.

"Dont fret, my friends!" Kellen cries, "Goblins are by far the least threatening monster in the bestiary! I would be surprised if they could hit the floor whilst taking a piss!"

Suddenly, a black arrow hits Kellen in the chest, narrowly missing his heart, yet still inflicting grievous - nay, critical (!) - damage. Kellen is spun around by the impact, accidentally discharging his crossbow, which also accidentally hits the goblin shaman in the face! Somehow, the resilient little turd survives this indignity and casts a Sleep spell against the party. There is a thud as Dorian ("I am a cursed man") falls off the side of the wagon. Gelert dismounts and chases the goblin shaman into the trees. Dimble casts Minor Illusion and a 2x4 plank of wood appears, floating above his head.

"Goblins hate wood." he explains patiently to the nonplussed merchant.

"F*cking attack them!" Galylen shrieks.

Meanwhile, after breaking off the goblin arrow in his chest, Kellen casts Disguise Self and assumes the likeness of a goblin. Scampering into the woods, he grabs a discarded bow from one of the dead/fled and takes careful aim at the band of rosy-cheeked 1st level adventurers. Not careful enough however, as his shot both misses and reveals his location.

"There's a sniper in the bushes!" holler the band of rosy-cheeked 1st level adventurers, "Everyone, get him!"

"Oh sh*t!" Kellen curses, wondering how to extract himself from this socially awkward predicament of his own treacherous fashioning. Fortunately he manages to break their line of sight long enough to resume his natural shape.

"He went that way!" Kellen cries, pointing deeper into the forest. Fortunately, nobody thinks to examine the vanishing goblin's very suspicious tracks.

The group makes camp beside the wagons and settle down for an uncomfortable, watchful rest. Few are able to sleep, the constant threat of another goblin ambush preying too heavily upon their minds.

"Since nobody can sleep, we might as well get moving," decides Gaylen, "The sooner we quit this damnable forest, the better."

Unfortunately, the damnable forest has a few more surprises up its' leafy sleeves. Before the caravan can trundle more than a few hundred feet, a pair of goblin arsonists charge out of the darkness and hurl sacks of flaming oil at the wagons! The tarpaulin protecting the cargo/passengers from the elements goes up in flame! Gelert and Dorian ("I am a cursed man") kill the firebugs, whilst the rest of the party cut the burning canvas loose.

How much more can go wrong on this seemingly doomed venture?
;
Also, reagents is apparently pronounced 're-A-gents'! Every day is a school day!
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by mikeawmids.

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 2 months ago #1895

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
No, No i do not dave lol

We Are Thieves - Discussion 7 years 2 months ago #1919

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
We are Thieves – Part 4 (26/01/2017)

The convoy continued slowly through the dark forest. Goblins attacked! Keller and Dimble watched languidly from the comfort of the wagon while Gelert chased the goblin shaman through the trees. The two tumbled into the foliage together, giggling and shrieking like Japanese school girls. What happens in the dark forest stays in the dark forest!

Eventually, the caravan reached the northern city of Umbria! Master Merchant Gaylen pays the thieves the rest of their gold and expresses his devout hope to never see them again. To be continued.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds