Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 3 2020

Tyranny of Dragons: Continues Rot 3 2020 9 years 1 month ago #91

• Sarge
Any discussion around my D&D 5th Ed game goes here please
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Sarge.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R2: Tyranny of Dragons 9 years 1 month ago #149

• Sarge
The characters we have so far are:

Doug - Dwarven Fighter
Steve - Half Elf Rogue
Tony - Elven Druid
Andy - Wizard
Mel - ???

Basic Info

All PC's start at 1st level

Adventure is set in the Forgotten Realms, in the area of the Sword Coast.

I will be using the Milestone method for Experience i.e. I won't be awarding XP as such, but will prompt you to level up at certain points.

The adventure takes place over 2 volumes, Hoard of the Dragon Queen followed by Rise of Tiamat, so I expect this campaign to last several rotations

On another note...

Players in my Cthulhu game will know I inflict some minor punishments if I deem it necessary. I have something similar in mind for my D&D game, so unruly players beware (cheating tony) :P

R2: Tyranny of Dragons 9 years 1 month ago #154

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
I'm going to play a tiefling bard.

R2: Tyranny of Dragons 9 years 1 month ago #156

• Sarge
MellyMel wrote:
I'm going to play a tiefling bard.

Interesting choice, looking forward to reading your background...

R2: Tyranny of Dragons 9 years 3 weeks ago #190

• Val
  • Heroic Character
Flint Fireforge

Born and raised in Citadel Adbar, Flint's father wanted him to become a master smith, and set about training Flint in the ancient art of metal forging. Flint became a competent smith but his heart wasn't in it. He followed his heart and trained as a soldier of the Iron Brigade. He was a natural and within a few short years was promoted to Captain. He held this post for less than a year when his good friend, a half Elf, was forced to leave the Dwarven Citadel due to personal and political reasons.

The half Elf had never left the Citadel before and was going to have to fend for himself in a strange and often hostile land. Flint, always loyal, gave up his career to travel with his pointy eared friend. Though in his heart Flint had always had a touch of wanderlust. So this was the perfect excuse for him to leave the Citadel and claim the moral high ground!

Flint has a great love of all metal work forged by Dwarves and Elves.

Personality Traits.
1) I judge people on their actions not their words.
2) I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.

Ideal.
1) Heroic. I defend the innocent weak from the evil strong.

Bond.
1) I will never leave a friend behind.

Flaw.
1) Curiosity. I have to explore and investigate any mystery or dungeon that I encounter.

R2: Tyranny of Dragons 9 years 3 weeks ago #192

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
Issendreyah.

Tiefling Bard Entertainer from Baldurs Gate.

Issendreyah was found wrapped in swaddling clothes on the frosty steps of Gawpers Hall theatre on mid-winter morn just over eighteen years ago. Her pure white skin looked like driven snow and Merin, the young actress discovering her thought perhaps she was too late in the finding and that Auril the Frostmaiden, cruel and fickle as she was, had taken the small child before she'd had a chance at life in Toril. Then the baby Issendreyah opened her large eyes and smiled. Then she laughed and her eyes flashed with burning fire and Merin guessed the truth, or at least part of it...

Issy grew into a beautiful young girl and Merin and the other members of the company became her "family". As she entered her teens she became curious about her ancestry and sought answers about her own origins. She would befriend and chat with any visitors to Baldurs Gate seeking any clues she could find that might lead her to the truth about her parentage.

One rumour she heard was about the Red Wizards of Thay: Some plan of their's apparently involved the placement of Tiefling findlings throughout the western heartlands. The purpose was unknown to her, but something about the facts she had assembled from various travellers in the taverns of the city began to form a pattern that rang with some unsettling truth.

With the aid of Merin she attempted to extract information from a travelling Red Wizard. At first by guile and clever words, then as his resistence threatened to grow, magic. It worked. The Wizard began to talk...

As the words left his lips Issy's heart raced: The truth at last! Her truth! But then as the Wizards tale was about to reveal its secrets some other force attacked. Magical energy crackled around them and laughter in a Thayan drawl betrayed its unseen origin.

Merin was taken and Issy fled, barely managing to escape her Thayan persuers with her life. When she returned a few days later Gawpers Hall was burned down. Merin was missing and most of the company had fled in terror.

Since then she has travelled the length of the Sword Coast seeking clues. Her "role" as a bard allows her ingress to many a travellers tale. Her own perfomances are that of a poet and orator. Retelling the old tales. Sometimes she recasts the old villains as the Red Wizards; Planting seeds in minds. Readying the people to one day rise against the evil of Red Wizards as she knows eventually they must...

What happened to Merin and what is the plan of the Red Wizards?

Feature: by popular demand. Can always find place place to perform and stay.

Personality trait
Whenever I come to a new place I collect local rumours and spread gossip

Ideal
Beauty. When I perform I make the world it a better place

Bond.
I will do anything to thwart the Red Wizards

Flaw.
I am known to the Red Wizards and they seek my capture or worse.
Last Edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by MellyMel.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds