Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Curse of Strahd (Discussion)

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2698

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Discussion Thread for Curse of Strahd
Players: Garuda, TheRanger, Aka, Gekz & Sant

Unravel the mysteries of Ravenloft in this dread adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner—and you are invited.

Please give some thought as to your level one characters. You begin as low level adventurers and soon receive an invitation to the realm of Barovia. I'm happy for you to roll characters up in advance of week one so we can jump straight in. Anyone posting a character description/picture will be awarded an inspiration die.

Garuda has expressed interest in playing a rogue.

I am disallowing the Way of the Sun Soul path for monks, from X's Guide to Everything.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2699

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
Id like to play a ranger. stats and description/backstory to follow

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2701

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Rogue for me for a change lol.

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2702

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Garuda is also playing a rogue, although there is no reason you cannot have two rogues in one party if you want to do that.

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2703

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
I'll rethink..

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2707

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Edwyn of Teufeldorf. Witch-hunter.

Human. Male. Aged 30. Rogue.

Edwyn is a member of a secretive syndicate dedicated to hunting witches, infiltrating werewolf covens and destroying vampire cults. Edwyn dedicated himself to the cause ten years ago, after his parents were murdered by a witch. He uses his skills to ensnare wrong-doers, to investigate evil covens, to assassinate their members, and to sabotage the business operations that provide financial support to the cults of lycanthropes and vampires.

Edwyn's syndicate has longed dreamed of the day that Strahd would be overthrown from power - and now by provident fortune, Edwyn has a chance to infiltrate Castle Ravenloft. But does Strahd know who Edwyn is? Who is laying a trap for who?

Mike-
Edwyn is created as a regular rogue. For his expertise I chose double proficiency in Investigation and thieves' tools - so basically to search for traps and clues, and to disarm traps and open locks - the essential rogue skills.

His background is criminal - for his speciality I created a witch-hunter (it seemed suitably gothic-horror). It's a variant in name only, I took only the extras granted by the criminal background in the 5e player handbook. There's no splat here.

Criminal grants me thieves' tools. I already have them as a rogue. The background rules say that if tools are duplicated I can replace them with any other. I've chosen the poisoner's kit. But can't actually afford the 50gp to purchase such a kit at the moment.

I've got one more language to choose. I've not played Ravenloft before. Any suggestions for a useful language to take?
Is there a pantheon specific to Ravenloft?
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Garuda.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds