Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DCC Chaos Rising

DCC Chaos Rising 5 years 7 months ago #3218

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
DCC goodness here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DCC Chaos Rising 5 years 7 months ago #3223

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
DCC players...

We have no game in weeks 1 and 7. I was thinking to run the new Runequest quickstart if players are up for it? 1-5 pregens using the new/original BRP system (aka call of cthulhu - like). anyone fancy it?

DCC Chaos Rising 5 years 7 months ago #3225

• Sarge
MellyMel wrote:
DCC players...

We have no game in weeks 1 and 7. I was thinking to run the new Runequest quickstart if players are up for it? 1-5 pregens using the new/original BRP system (aka call of cthulhu - like). anyone fancy it?

Most definitely count me in!

DCC Chaos Rising 5 years 7 months ago #3227

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Oo i love Runequest.. Been waiting 3 years for the 13th age in Gloranthia book lol.

Anyway, Chaos Rising.

The first session will be character generation and the funnel (more about that below) Each player will create 4 level 0 victims (characters).
Under the standard rules you roll randomly for your background on a MASSIVE table. This determines not only your background but also whether you will be a dwarf, elf or halfling. All of the other options are human.
However..
I have a customised set of tables with more.. yes... MORE backgrounds. There is still a master table which again is MASSIVE but there are also a number of separate tables that allow you to roll on tables with 'suitable' backgrounds for each of the classes and races. (this is really more important if you wanted to run an elf dwarf or halfling really). I will allow you to roll 2 of your 4 characters using these tables. Essentially this means that if you wanted to run one of the other races without hoping you get that race on the MASSIVE table you can do, however dont get upset if your character gets wasted in the 'funnel' (the funnel is what we will be running first, it's a rite of passage from which the survivors will proceed to level 1).
I can supply a 'barn' of extra pregens if attrition becomes silly, alternatively you could roll 6 characters in the first session so you have backups.
Don't worry it takes about 5 mins to roll a character.. if you want to see what kind of things come out in level 0 generation go here.. purplesorcerer.com/create_party.php and click 'bring out your dead', and you'll get the idea.. :)
After the Funnel we will create the level 1 party and then delve into a series of tenuously linked adventures...
The emphasis is high fantasy, derring do, classic old school stuff etc etc....

Documents;
If anyone would like a link to pdfs please send me a private message so i can share the docs with you... (please dont read the intro adventure in the core book)...

Enjoy tonight, me, I'm cooking Paella on the balcony sipping a Pamada watching the meteor shower as the sun comes down for a nice evening of 27 degrees.. Enjoy your draught coke and cheese cobs...
Love Ade
x

DCC Chaos Rising 5 years 7 months ago #3229

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
(runequest) we only have one taker for this so i shall knock it on the head. sorry sarge.

DCC Chaos Rising 5 years 7 months ago #3230

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
The first session will be 23rd, I understand mr Hugh will be missing, We shall create his level 0 characters for him and play them as a fifth character each, sounds bonkers but it really isnt..

Judge (thats what they are called in DCC, alternative titles include 'killer of PCs, Master of traps and Scum of the earth, I prefer simply Judge)

Judge Sant
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds