Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R4 Star Trek Adventures

R4 Star Trek Adventures 4 years 9 months ago #3933

• Eomak
  • New Character!
Welcome to Starfleet crewmen, I hope you'll enjoy the adventure.

This discussion thread is for questions, suggestions & ideas between the participants of our table.

As a start id like to take the opportunity to thank my players for signing up & ask that they think of a role they would like to play on board the Nebula class starship USS Dauntless.
options could be Command (Not the Captain), Flight control, Tactical, Engineer, Operations officer, Science or Medical.
Then Id like you all to think of a secondary NPC for the ship like security guard (poor fellows) Nurse, Engineers mate etc.

This weeks adventure "Shakedown Cruise"

The USS Dauntless is one of the older Nebula class ships in the fleet & has recently undergone a complete overhaul & refit at Utopia Planitia Shipyards. Now assigned to Starbase 39 Sierra along the Romulan Neutral zone. Its time to work out the kinks & bugs from the all the newly integrated technology on the vessel. Lets make it so...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R4 Star Trek Adventures 4 years 9 months ago #3935

• JIm
  • Heroic Character
Sounds good. Unfortunately due to a work commitment I won't be able to make this session so someone will have to role my character. I may be able to swing by around half 10. Its the school Prom and all the staff have to attend! Can't get out of it.

R4 Star Trek Adventures 4 years 9 months ago #3936

• Eomak
  • New Character!
Ok Jim, thanks for letting me know. Enjoy the prom. We have a few pre gens available if you need.

R4 Star Trek Adventures 4 years 9 months ago #3957

• Eomak
  • New Character!
Captains Log, Stardate 81478.2. The USS Dauntless has taken on board its final crew allotment from Starbase 39 Sierra. My new XO came aboard leading a number of junior officers mainly engineers & security personnel. As I have gotten to know my bridge staff on the journey from Utopia Planitia Shipyards, I have given the XO the latitude to work more closely with the Delta watch crew. I shall see how they interact with each other & how quickly their group dynamic comes to the fore.
We have departed 39S for our shakedown cruise, we are on our way to the Starfleet phaser test ranges at Unios star. Its a routine stop to make sure our targeting sensors & weapon systems have been integrated. This will be followed by a trip to Collapsar 49, a black hole in a nearby sector to test our newly installed scientific module & calibrate the newly developed advanced sensor suites & high resolution scanners. Our final stop on this "trip round the block" will be the research station on Detweiller 3. Just a milk run to test our transporters & shuttle craft launch systems.

Captains Log, Supplemental. The phasers tested out ok though we did have a locked coupling that needed to be pulled & replaced. The torpedoes required a total re calibration. The new engineering team made short work of that task though, I'll keep my eye on them. The journey to Collapsar 49 however proved to be a very dangerous proposition. The matter/antimatter injectors became locked open & emergency fail safes refused to respond. The new helmsman kept her nerve however & proposed an audacious plan. She swung the ship in a tight arc & used the gravity well of the black hole to act as an emergency brake. This was carried out with extreme precision & put us right on the edge of the gravity well. With impulse engines at full power the hot shutdown took the warp core offline though once again the new engineering team working alongside the Denobulan Science officer got the warp core repaired in double quick time. For my part I believe my new XO chose the right course of action from those suggested. On our way to Detweiller 3 however we have intercepted a strange encrypted signal which the science officer believes to be a linguistic broadcast. We have changed course & entered orbit of a moon orbiting Balin 4. An unusual energetic distrubance around the vicinity of a geo dome on the surface prevents beaming down & comms seems to be scrambled. I have sent down my top shuttle craft pilot Chief "flak" Jordan with an away team to find out whats going on. I'll be a lot happier when I can re establish contact with them.

R4 Star Trek Adventures 4 years 9 months ago #4034

• Eomak
  • New Character!
Captains log, Supplemental. Our Science officer has narrowed down the possibility of the communication to a heavily encrypted Linguistic broadcast. What have we sent the away team into? Chief Jordan has remained on the shuttle & is acting as a relay station between the away team & ship due to the electro magnetic disturbances. So far the team are still broadcasting & seem to be in a meeting with the site administrator. Apparently its a mining settlement associated with the planet Harelia. They are an independent planet whose sovereign world lies within Federation space but close to the Romulan neutral zone. We continued to decrypt pt the message but time seemed to have been against us. A return message sparked a confrontation with the Harelians that we were no looking for. Two Harelian frieghters decloaked & opened fire on the Dauntless; normally not an issue but these had clearly been the recipient of substantial upgrades courtesy of the Tal Shiar. Our secondary landing team only just managed to beam down before I was forced to raise shields to defend ourselves. The Harelins showed no signs of listening to our hails & more disrupter fire continued to reduce our shields to dangerously low levels. The away team were forced to abandon the site but due to our shields being up they all had to decamp on the shuttle. Our second landing party however which included my new XO did not have EVA suits & only the steady hands & cool nerve of "Flak" Jordan saved them at the last moment during a very risky explosive decompression maneuver. All will be spending several weeks in hyperbaric chambers according to the CMO. The Romulans destroyed the site from orbit, I guess they wanted to be sure nothing remained. Both ships then turned tail & cloaked heading for the neutral zone. We believe we destroyed the first but the second seems to have eluded us. Going into combat was not what I was expecting on the shakedown cruise but the Dauntless & her crew seem to have emerged with flying colours.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds