Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R1 game panic - noob DM?

R1 game panic - noob DM? 7 years 3 months ago #1881

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
folks tend to be very helpful to new DM's...

just remember to use the word 'NO' as often as necessary, and reward what you see as excellent ideas with bonus dice where necessary!

rules lawyers will no doubt help you with basic game mechanics, BUT, they dont know the full situation and what might be affecting those rules. So don't be afraid to overrule folks! when things don't go as expected this is where stuff gets interesting for the players and they have to work HARD! case in point Scott decided that our scout couldn't use his message ability to quietly alert the group to the presence of monsters... with some hilarious results, as we blindly blundered in, having ignored the warning that the rogue thought he'd sent, and tripped the trap, he was currently disarming, before being fallen upon by the nasty monsters...

it worked out well in the end but the roleplaying opportunities as we remonstrated with the rogue were superb!

best of luck
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
The topic has been locked.

R1 game panic - noob DM? 7 years 3 months ago #1882

• Sprite_goblin89
Ha! Sounds fun! Morgan shot shane in the ankle with an arrow for no clear reason, but we rolled with it! I'll make sure I practise my "no" voice before I arrive!
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds