Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rotation 1: Board Games

Rotation 1: Board Games 7 years 3 months ago #1839

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
Adventure: Board Games
System/Games: TBC (I'll come up with some sort of plan for it depending on the level of interest)
Ref: matt486 or if anyone else wants to run one...
Number of players: 4 max guaranteed, including me, potentially more if the game supports more players.

Ado guys,

So we're coming up on a new rotation and we haven't got all the tables full yet meaning there'll be at least some of you without a game. Normally at this point I'd step up and run one, but given my work schedules and a change to my personal circumstances, I'm not going to be able to do that this time. I'm usually OK to run games on the night, but what I haven't got time to do is all the leg-work that goes into running an RPG, which necessarily has to happen outside the club - session prep, adventure design etc. Not with only a few days to turn it around, anyway! I only managed it last time because the game I'd run had been sitting on my laptop for a year, and I was burned out by the end of the rotation.

It's a bit of a cop-out but what I'm going to do instead is bring in some board games for the rotation, as I've got a shelf full of the things that almost never get played! It'll be things like Discworld: Ankh Morpork, Relic, Pandemic and I might put some dungeon crawlers in there as well. If I can get to the club early enough (and those of you familiar with my somewhat cavalier approach to timekeeping will appreciate that this isn't a guarantee!) I'll run a smaller, 'Warm Up' game before the main game kicks off at 8.30, that'll be things like Dungeon Roll, Love Letter, No Thanks etc. I'll post on this forum what games I'm going to bring on a particular week, along with a brief synopsis of what's involved with them for the benefit of those of us who don't know.

Most of my games will accommodate 4 players, and as that includes me, 3 the maximum number of players I can guarantee spaces for on a mid-term basis. Some games I post might be able to accommodate more and I'll post on the shout box if that is the case, if anyone's stuck for a game. Also this might be an ideal topic to keep your eye on if you're going to be 'dropping in and out' over the next few weeks, as chances are there might be a space for you without a need to commit to the whole rotation!

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll see what I can do.
The topic has been locked.

Rotation 1: Board Games 7 years 3 months ago #1858

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
OK so the first game I'll be bringing tomorrow is Warhammer 40K: Relic, which is based on the Talisman system if any of you have played that. Trek around the board solving different encounters with different skill sets, (and dice!) and protect the galaxy from the threat of Chaos!

The game supports 4 players.

I should get there early enough to run a game of No Thanks, a card game in which you compete with cards and chips for the lowest score.

Let me know if you're interested!

Rotation 1: Board Games 7 years 3 months ago #1863

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
i can run a d&d campaign if you are interested max five players
roll high or go home

Rotation 1: Board Games 7 years 3 months ago #1864

• Val
  • Heroic Character
Aka, sounds good, thanks for the offer. I will bring d&d books etc...

Matt thanks for board games, perhaps bring 'em anyway just in case but bring your d&d books cos hopefully we can do some good ol rpg ing

Rotation 1: Board Games 7 years 3 months ago #1888

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
If anyone did want to get to the club early and play some boardgames before their RPG (similar to how the Magic guys play Magic), I would be all over that.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds