• Tenth Level
Rotation Number:1
Referee Name: Matt D
Game System Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition
Scenario Name: Palace of the Silver Princess
Character Levels: 1
New Characters: Yes
Character Generation: Week One
Number of Players: 4 (with two spare slots open.)

"Not long ago the grass was green and animals ran through golden fields of grain. The Princess Argenta ruled over this peaceful land and the people were secure and happy. Then one day a warrior riding a white dragon appeared in the skies over the castle and almost overnight the kingdom fell into ruin. Now only ruins and rumours remain, and what legends there are tell of a fabulous treasure still buried somewhere within the Palace of the Silver Princess."

As we're still short of games I thought I'd give this one a go. Some of you will probably recognise this as a 1st edition module, I'll be converting this up into 5th edition for the purpose of running this game. As such, this will be mainly dungeon bashing; there is some roleplaying but it will very much be within a dungeon environment.

A few of other things to keep in mind:

1) I'll take 4 players pre-booked, and if anyone else turns up on the first night I'll take up to 6. However, because of some of the things that happen in the adventure, if anyone joins after week one I'll be giving them pre-generated characters (we're not going to have time for another round of Character creation!)

2) Palace of the Silver Princess is a stand-alone adventure, not a long-form campaign, so I won't necessarily be carrying this on past rotation 1.

3) My attendance has been a bit spotty over the last year or so for family and work-related matters, and sometimes I've had to cancel sessions at very short notice. For this rotation, I will almost certainly be absent on 22/2 (Week 8.) For the rest of the time, I'll do the best I can to keep disruptions to a minimum, and I'll always let you know - just keep your eyes on the website and be aware of the possibility!

See you all Thursday. :)
The topic has been locked.

R1: DnD 5e: Palace of the Silver Princess 6 years 2 months ago #2598

• Viggi
  • Heroic Character
My God, I ran this in 1982!
It has an interesting publication history, the original version was pulled due to worries about some of the art, so hardly any copies of that version exist.

In March 2008, a SW copy of the Orange B3 sold for $3,050 -- the highest (confirmed) sale price of any single non-unique D&D module

www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/b3.html

R1: DnD 5e: Palace of the Silver Princess 6 years 2 months ago #2600

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
Yeah I read about the original edition being pulled on the dndclassics site I got the module from. I've also seen the picture that caused the upset; doesn't look like much now but I guess at the time it would have set alarm bells ringing.

R1: DnD 5e: Palace of the Silver Princess 6 years 2 months ago #2605

• Steboacha
  • Heroic Character
I'd like to give this a go Matt if that's ok.
You're on the other side of the rabbit hole. Now it's time to die.

R1: DnD 5e: Palace of the Silver Princess 6 years 2 months ago #2606

• Raging Soliloquy
  • Tenth Level
I'd like to join if that's ok not in anything this rotation so would be better than missing out altogether. Thx. Steve

R1: DnD 5e: Palace of the Silver Princess 6 years 2 months ago #2608

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
Welcome to the game Steves! That's 2 places filled so far.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds