Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R2 Curse of Strahd (Recruitment)

R2 Curse of Strahd (Recruitment) 6 years 2 months ago #2671

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Curse of Strahd
System: D&D5
Ref: mikeawmids
# of players: 5
New players: Yes
Character Level: 1

Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner—and you are invited.

I was not up to writing & running a homebrew campaign, but am eager to run this one out of the book. Starting at level 1 and running the Death House intro adventure, which should see characters advance to level 3 quite quickly. After starting the main quest, levels are only awarded when specific story milestones are reached.

The adventure uses a tarot style card system to randomly determine where certain key treasures/characters will be located, so in theory, no two versions of this campaign will be alike.

I am open to reasonable use of content from other licensed D&D publications (specifically X Guide to Everything & V Guide to Monsters), but clear it with me first if you're planning on something weird.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

R2 Curse of Strahd (Recruitment) 6 years 2 months ago #2672

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Yes please Mike. Sign me up.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R2 Curse of Strahd (Recruitment) 6 years 2 months ago #2675

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
damn and blast... I love Barovia, Strahd is a favourite character of mine... shame I'm in Tiamat, still, not all bad, I get to irritate Hugh!
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

R2 Curse of Strahd (Recruitment) 6 years 2 months ago #2676

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
I was going to play a cleric or a fighter or a paladin...but then I almost always play clerics, fighters and paladins.

So, I'm going to play a rogue instead. The last time I played a rogue was in AD&D, almost forty years ago.

How are we creating our character stats Mike?

Can I roll up at home - 4d6 drop the lowest?
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Garuda.

R2 Curse of Strahd (Recruitment) 6 years 2 months ago #2677

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Happy for you to roll up prior to first week (I trust 'ya). 4 die, drop the lowest, but if you roll a load of utter crap, use the standard array from the players guide.

Following AndyBoyne's lead, posting character description/portrait & session summaries will be rewarded with inspiration dice to use in-game.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by mikeawmids.

R2 Curse of Strahd (Recruitment) 6 years 2 months ago #2678

• Sarge
Inept wrote:
damn and blast... I love Barovia, Strahd is a favourite character of mine... shame I'm in Tiamat, still, not all bad, I get to irritate Hugh!

Really not an issue if you want to transfer to this game Tony, as you may not get another opportunity to play in what will be a brilliant game run by Mike. I'm certainly not trying to get rid of you, but you should always play the game you truly want to.

Maria would not suddenly cease to exist, she could be off seeking further enlightenment for instance, so you would be able to return to her in the future as these two games will likely played in different rotations anyway
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds