Number of players: 3-6

Players:
The Ranger (Adam)
Garuda (Paul)
moc (Dave)
Morgan
Victor
Richard

Your instructions were clear: Travel to the Crossing Inn, located a short ride east of the town of Phlan, with a proverbial ear to the ground. With plans to liberate Phlan underway, vigilance is of the utmost importance. Not surprisingly, strange rumours from the areas around Phlan have the faction leaders nervous...

A few notes about this game:

1: This is an adventure published by the D&D Adventurer's League and as such is set up in such a way as to expect a certain amount of mixing and matching between players. While there appears to be an overarching plot, each part is a self-contained adventure. Therefore if your time is limited this rotation and you're going to be dropping in and out then that's absolutely fine (although I'd still rather have no more than 6 players!) All I ask is that if you're not going to be there on week 1, can you have a character sorted for whenever you join us please? It'll save us some faff.

2: We'll either be using the Standard Array or Customised Ability Scores for character generation. Don't expect to be rolling up scores!

3: The adventure starts in Faerun and it makes sense (though is not entirely necessary for the first bit) for your character to be aligned with one of the Five Factions. This rarely comes up at the club so I'll give you a quick run down of them to keep in mind when you create your characters, although don't feel you have to stick to the suggested classes:
  • Harpers: A scattered network of spellcasters and spies who advocate equality and covertly oppose the abuse of power (Bards and Wizards)
  • Order of the Gauntlet: Faithful and vigilant seekers of justice who protect others from the depredations of evildoers (Clerics, Monks and Paladins)
  • Emerald Enclave: Wilderness survivalists who preserve the natural order while rooting out unnatural threats (Barbarians, Druids, Rangers)
  • Lords' Alliance: A loose coalition of established political powers concerned with mutual security and prosperity (Fighters and Sorcerers)
  • Zhentarim: An unscrupulous shadow network that sees to expand its influence and power throughout Faerun (Rogues, Warlocks)

• 4: I don't have Xanathar's Guide to Everything and I don't expect I will do so before the rotation starts; if you want to use anything from that expansion you will need to provide the book yourself.

See you all soon!
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by matt486.
The topic has been locked.

R5: DnD 5e: Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts 5 years 7 months ago #3198

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Yes please Matt.

I'll be missing week one.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R5: DnD 5e: Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts 5 years 7 months ago #3200

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
Cheers Paul, can you get a character sorted and let us know what it is please?

R5: DnD 5e: Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts 5 years 7 months ago #3209

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Toying with the idea of an Elven Druid.

Simply as (well as far as I recall over the last forty years of D&D) I've never played as a druid before.

Affiliation to the Emerald Enclave is a no brainer for a druid.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R5: DnD 5e: Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts 5 years 7 months ago #3220

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
So after talking to some people with limited internet access, we are now being joined by Victor, Morgan and Dave, taking us up to 5...

R5: DnD 5e: Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts 5 years 7 months ago #3224

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
Im getting falcon's hollow flashbacks here haha
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds