Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R3/23 Hellbound Heists - cancelled

R3/23 Hellbound Heists 1 year 3 months ago #6482

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
In protest to Wizards of the Coast's shameful attempt to rescind the existing Open Gaming License and rob 3PP creators of their revenue and intellectual properties, I am withdrawing my support for D&D5e and cancelling this game.

In case you were unaware of the extent of their bullshittery, here is a link to an article on EN World summarising their most recent attempt to further monopolise the TTRPG industry;

www.enworld.org/threads/the-ogl-just-whats-going-on.694193/
The topic has been locked.

R3/23 Hellbound Heists 1 year 3 months ago #6483

• Count Crow
  • Tenth Level
Hear hear Mike

R3/23 Hellbound Heists - cancelled 1 year 3 months ago #6484

• moc
  • Elite Member
Hear hear wotc should be ashamed of themselves. It will also cut their our throat too. Third party stuff really helped 5e

R3/23 Hellbound Heists - cancelled 1 year 3 months ago #6485

• mikeawmids
Yep. They say a rising tide lifts all boats, but now there's some asshat exec from Hasbro in the bilge, taking an axe to the hull of his own vessel.

R3/23 Hellbound Heists - cancelled 1 year 3 months ago #6499

• mikeawmids
Paizo have just announced they are footing the bill for a new irrevocable Open RPG Creative Licence (ORC) to replace the OGL;
www.enworld.org/threads/paizo-announces-...lace-the-ogl.694404/

"In addition to Paizo, Kobold Press, Chaosium, Green Ronin, Legendary Games, Rogue Genius Games, and a growing list of publishers have already agreed to participate in the Open RPG Creative License, and in the coming days we hope and expect to add substantially to this group."

I have just bought the Pathfinder 2e pocket edition from Amazon (£20.00) to show my support, and will continue to subscribe to Paizo's excellent line of Adventure Paths.

Community support for this announcement is off the chain, and the general consensus online is that WotC done gone shat the bed (again).
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by mikeawmids.

R3/23 Hellbound Heists - cancelled 1 year 3 months ago #6500

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
I agree. it looks like Mr Cock (Hasbro CEO ex Wizards CEO) and Hasbro just shot the golden goose and will reap the nerd rage of millions. Wonder what will happen re. DnD movie. not the best promotional direction for it.
I'm tempted to take a peak at PF2 too tho I doubt my eyes could handle a pocket edition sized font.

Also I notice Chaosium are suddenly offering Cthulhu starter set, Basic Roleplaying and Runequest start sets all for about 80p each on DriveThruRPG at the moment.

Interesting times.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds