Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: D&D 5e Virtual Game (VTT)

D&D 5e Virtual Game (VTT) 7 years 7 months ago #1520

• Sarge
I am interested in running a D&D 5th Ed game via a Virtual Tabletop. So I am canvassing to see if there is any interest.

I have a trial of the software (Fantasy Grounds Ultimate), so there is no cost to the players (just a free version required to be installed)

I would likely try for a Sunday afternoon / evening, but this wouldn't be set in stone.

So let me know if anyone is interested, and assuming we have the numbers, we'll take it from there
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Sarge.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

D&D 5e Virtual Game (VTT) 7 years 7 months ago #1521

• Cariryn
  • Heroic Character
Yes, I am. :)

Hoping you'll run 5th OGL Middle Earth at the club though ;)

D&D 5e Virtual Game (VTT) 7 years 7 months ago #1522

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
i like to see how (well) it worked, but not sure i could commit to a regular game.

D&D 5e Virtual Game (VTT) 7 years 7 months ago #1523

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
yes very interested. I used fantasy grounds for a time... that was useful, but internet speeds limited use as it required voip.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

D&D 5e Virtual Game (VTT) 7 years 7 months ago #1524

• Sarge
Inept wrote:
yes very interested. I used fantasy grounds for a time... that was useful, but internet speeds limited use as it required voip.

It still doesn't have any integrated voice or video capability, and wouldn't have thought ever will. I do have access to a teamspeak server and was looking into google hangouts too as a possibility.

What version and license do you have, do you remember? It is v3 now, so if its been a while you're probably out of date.

D&D 5e Virtual Game (VTT) 7 years 7 months ago #1525

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
version 1.
it was potentially a good system.
the 'voiceless' option was helpful as it made defining actions much easier for the DM and did not allow for endless rule discussions. it made for a 'clean' combat situation as well. players had to determine strategies in advance and not modify on the fly as a result of other actions their character couldn't see!

I was quite impressed with fog of war approaches to stuff, although it didn't cater for those with darkvision and those with torchlight (differing radii) it was 'realistic' as a combat system.

my advice if it is an enhanced verison of FG1 is to retain the voiceless element, it means better control for the DM, and becomes immersive for the players.

non combat situations I would suggest using teamspeak or skype etc.

if you want to trial it I'll happily buy a new license and we can work out the kinks.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds