Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Too many continuation games?

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3917

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
I'll just say as a relative newcomer (who kinda had the issue last year before I joined of trying to find when best to do so as every game seemed full or mid rotation etc) the One shots campaign in R2 seemed a great idea and coincided with a big new group of members coming in and having somewhere to play. It also helped the likes of myself, who have never DM'd before, to have an excuse to get some practice in without the worry of having to think up an entire campaign (or without having to take it too serious as one shots tend to be more of a muck around in general since everyone has a death wish!).

Other than that I think the rest of the proposed rules will help.
The topic has been locked.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3918

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I am happy to take on moderator responsibility for locking new recruitment posts as I can do it at the same time I update the Rotation sub forum.

For whatever my opinion is worth, I like the new rules and think the club will benefit from implementing them.

Are the two games already up in R5 & R6 prior to this decision exempt or do we need to clear the decks and start fresh?
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by mikeawmids.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3919

• Andy Boyne
  • Heroic Character
Thanks for the feedback posted thus far.

I am in favour of the proposals (thanks to the suggestors) and would be happy to volunteer to moderate and help out.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3920

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sarge wrote:
1.2 Thread will automatically be unlocked a week before Rotation starts

Not keen on this bit. If I'm GMing I would like to know how many players I have and who is playing (and what character concepts etc) much more in advance of only one week to go.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Garuda.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3921

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
I am pretty much happy with the proposed changes to game submission rules.

Let us also look towards improving the appearance of the website, and the facebook page. I do not believe either are doing us any favours in recruiting new players. And, controversially, l do not believe our mascot (the Beer-Drinking dog), is sending out the right message to potential new players even though he has served us well in the past.

The one-shot rotations have been a massive success, and I think that we should be looking towards having a table that is capable of accepting walk-in players every week as required.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Andrek.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3922

• Candi
  • Tenth Level
Hi,

As a new player and new too the club, These prepossessed changes sound great, the only issue i have really is im very much a novice player. Most of the time i look too the table / DM for guidance.

Having a week notice too post in a game and then ask questions too know and understand how the chosen game mode works can be tough. Too come into the game with a running start and not as an anchor dragging the table back would be my goal, It seems tight to have a set 1 week lock, the time period needs too be more available. (situation i feel may occur is Ive yet to play a Call of C'thulu game, so I wanna try one out, if i was successful and secured a position of one of these games but didn't enjoy myself. Someone else missed on the opportunity to be at the table instead of me.)

Also having a NEWBIES welcome badge attached too allow people like my self eager too learn and eager too play know this table is accepting and has patience to help correct any mistakes and what not. For me I would really hate it if I just killed momentum in the game because i didnt understand what ive gotten myself in for. (im sure this wouldn't be an issue as every game Ive played / ran everyone's been super at explanation and guidance). Just having some sort of label could be nice and maybe you could limit the amount. Unless obviously DM wants all Newbies too try get a load of people the passion for the game mode involved.

just my 2p on the subject =P
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds