Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 4 years 1 month ago #4825

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
All
Apologies for flooding this channel with yet more virus type news, and I am definitely NOT trying to talk this up! You are all no doubt aware of the current epidemic and the advice from government. in case you haven't seen it please check out:

www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19...ation-for-the-public

Corona virus has an enhanced risk to those who are older, or who have pre-existing medical conditions. For those groups the advice is that any symptoms could become more serious. The known deaths from the virus so far have tended to be among the elderly, the infirm and those with conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes.

For those that don't know I fall into the later category having been diagnosed with Type 2 a couple of years ago. Whilst I am not particularly concerned, it is prudent for me to minimise potential exposure and avoid group gatherings where possible. Most sporting fixtures and many large conferences and events have been cancelled and smaller events may be postponed in due course. The BBC reported tonight that Austria is advising restrictions on group meetings to 5 or less. Similar measures could occur in the rest of Europe and the UK over the coming weeks.

I have decided that I wont attend the club for a while until I either get the thing and recover, or advice changes. That of course leaves me suffering RPW (RolePlaying Withdrawal). To that end, I am considering running an online game through Roll20 on Thursdays subject to their being interest. Roll20 is free to play, and so long as you have skype a headset and can work a computer its easy enough to navigate. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Hopefully this all resolves quickly we can get back to normal soon!
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 4 years 1 month ago #4827

• Sarge
At this point, it is my intention to continue attending the club

Can I ask is that if anyone has any of the symptoms please avoid coming along to the club until you are sure you are clear of any conditions

Those considering not attending can you please show due courtesy and let you respective DM's know of your intentions

Many Thanks

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 4 years 1 month ago #4829

• Sarge
It goes without saying that I will be keeping an eye on government recommendations regarding meetings of groups of people.

I will also try and speak with someone at the coronation club, as they may be considering closing the building. I'll disseminate any information accordingly

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 4 years 1 month ago #4831

• Val
  • Heroic Character
Due to the current situation I will not be attending the club for the time being.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 4 years 1 month ago #4832

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
I propose everyone makes a DC15 CON save before deciding whether or not to attend.

BY all accounts, this thing specifically attacks your respitory system. Some of you may know that I struggle with my asthma; if I get it I'm guaranteed a rough time. But unless I have any symptoms I shall continue to attend as usual.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 4 years 1 month ago #4833

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Sarge wrote:
I'll disseminate any information accordingly

Did you eat a thesaurus for tea?

EDIT: Oooh look! I'm a platinum member! When did that happen? I feel all special now.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Garuda.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds