Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4986

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
A hazmat suit would be a lot cheaper.

Edit: Actually, a +1 suit of disease resistance would be even better.

"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Garuda.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4987

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Good to hear you're on the mend, pal. Roll20's good fun!

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4988

• Sarge
Great news everyone, I've been speaking with the Coronation club and they say we can return on Thursday evenings!

Can we now have an open discussion please on how we can play safely, how we manage the games being run for the remainder of the year, who would be willing to run a game and importantly when members are intending to return

To kick things off:

We all have many good friends at the club who we haven't seen for some time, but we must minimise contact. So I'd say no hugging or handshakes (or kissing Hugh!), but perhaps some elbow bumps
This Thursday (9th July) would be Week 4 of Rotation 4, so this gives us about 1/2 of a rotation left
I'd be willing to run something. Will be happy to post a game up once we have some clarity on things
Perhaps we restrict the number of players to 4 so as to maintain some distancing in the game
Require all in the game to wear masks if that is what the DM or other players would like
Get only our own drinks and snacks so as to minimise any contact
Use only our own dice and pencils
If using miniatures, only touch or move your own
At the end of the evening clean down the table and other peripherals used with an appropriate Anti-Bac wipe
Bring and use hand sanitizer

If you want me to look into buying stuff like masks, wipes, sanitizer on behalf of the BCRPS let me know

I for one am extremely keen to get back to playing RPGs at the club again, and to support the Coronation club as they come out of lockdown.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4989

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Sarge wrote:
Great news everyone, I've been speaking with the Coronation club and they say we can return on Thursday evenings!

Can we now have an open discussion please on how we can play safely, how we manage the games being run for the remainder of the year, who would be willing to run a game and importantly when members are intending to return

To kick things off:

We all have many good friends at the club who we haven't seen for some time, but we must minimise contact. So I'd say no hugging or handshakes (or kissing Hugh!), but perhaps some elbow bumps
This Thursday (9th July) would be Week 4 of Rotation 4, so this gives us about 1/2 of a rotation left
I'd be willing to run something. Will be happy to post a game up once we have some clarity on things
Perhaps we restrict the number of players to 4 so as to maintain some distancing in the game
Require all in the game to wear masks if that is what the DM or other players would like
Get only our own drinks and snacks so as to minimise any contact
Use only our own dice and pencils
If using miniatures, only touch or move your own
At the end of the evening clean down the table and other peripherals used with an appropriate Anti-Bac wipe
Bring and use hand sanitizer

If you want me to look into buying stuff like masks, wipes, sanitizer on behalf of the BCRPS let me know

I for one am extremely keen to get back to playing RPGs at the club again, and to support the Coronation club as they come out of lockdown.

that's good to hear. Most of your suggesions seem sensible the questionw ill be down to individual members and their circumstances (are they on the vulnerable list, just not comfortable yet etc).

With four weeks to go I can probably run some one shots. I don't really have enough time to pickup waterdeep and finish it in that time so probably better to save for a full rotation. I've got quite a few freebie DnD things plus some other systems we can try out.

One suggestion. might be worth seeing if Mel can send out a mailshot to all members of the site? as only those who have commented on this thread will get a notification and not all may be looking at the site regularly anymore.

Other question is if everyone HAS masks and sanitiser etc. I've got precisely one mask and only just this week managed to get some sanitiser from somewhere. I know some pubs are providing their own as part of their agreement to open not sure if the club are the same or if they also have any rules they want us to abide by?

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4990

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Fantastic news!! :D

There are 21 weeks between now and the end of Nov, we could maybe do 3x seven week rotations?
09/07/20 to 20/08/20
27/08/20 to 08/10/20
15/10/20 to 26/11/20

Or we could fit in 3x eight week rotations, assuming we can get the room between the 3rd and 17th of Dec.

I've posted to the FB page, so that should raise awareness of this news.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by mikeawmids.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4991

• Bane
  • Elite Member
We still have some members shielding, and I play a game online with two people who are doing just that on Thursday night.
If no one else minds and to help keep the numbers up currently, Josh and I could attend and continue the game online and that would be two bums on seats.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds