Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How are we all playing?

How are we all playing? 3 years 1 month ago #5247

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Hey there all.

A group of us from the club have been running games during the last year via roll20 and Skype and we started wondering how everyone else is handling the withdrawal.

How is everyone getting the RP fix? Are you using Roll20 and skype? Discord? Fantasy grounds? Rocking in a corner just constantly making character concepts till you can inflict them on people?

Would be good to hear from everyone and how they are getting through this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How are we all playing? 3 years 1 month ago #5248

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
greetings all. hope people are safe and well.

i'm playing in two long games....

Tuesdays and Thursdays, pretty much from the start of lockdown. both on roll 20. tomb of annihilation, and tales from the yawning portal. just about 7-8th level in each, both with a diminutive spell caster. type cast as ever. one day i'll play a fighter...

really enjoy roll20, but it will be good to get back to the club when the time comes.

cheers all!

How are we all playing? 3 years 1 month ago #5249

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Ive been busy decimating player characters. I haven't enjoyed it one bit.

How are we all playing? 3 years 1 month ago #5250

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Cold turkey for me.

Not really interested in on-line play to be honest.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

How are we all playing? 3 years 1 month ago #5251

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I've mostly been listening to a lot of podcasts, particularly Drunks & Dragons, Dragon Friends and The Glass Cannon (Giantslayer & Dead Suns) to get my fix vicariously.

I tried playing online (Roll20, Discord, etc...) but I couldn't get into it either.

I tried running a game on Discord, but at that time the only space available was the kitchen table and I had zero privacy from my partner or her two grown-up kids.

I recently tried joining a game on Roll20, but the pacing was off and I was literally falling asleep at my keyboard, so I quit. I think the GM was too closely trying to emulate Critical Role (which can be a slog just listening to) and it really wasn't working for me.

I have gone back to using Roll Gate and am one month into Dragon of Icespire Peak with a couple of coworkers, which is going pretty well. :D
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.

How are we all playing? 3 years 1 month ago #5252

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
I think like with a physical table it's less the tool more he game you get in. I've been doing roll20 games pretty much all 5e with a bit of Stars without numbers (which I enjoyed) mixed in. Various games but it's more the mix of players and the DM. I find some things are easier with online (maps,etc) and some things trickier (lots of prep limited with the sheet sometimes). It's also sometimes tricky to play systems not already integrated etc.

Looking forward to getting back to the club though. got a few oneshots and other systems I'd like to play
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds