Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Curse of Strahd (Discussion)

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2843

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Since it is impossible to cover everything that happens to everyone, I'll be sending each of you a bit of unique info (by PM) that only your character picked up on. Whether or not you choose to share this info with the rest of the party is up to you.

Remember that writing up your adventure will be rewarded with inspiration!

Here are some more whimsical haikus. Prepare be be delighted!

A towering gate,
opens on rusty hinges.
Adventure awaits!

A hideous crone,
selling suspicious produce.
Tasty pies for sale!

Despite my warning,
you underestimated
The magic potato.
:(

When you are all dead,
The magic potato will,
Roll over your bones.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2845

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
So we take out the old man and woman zombie the fog rolls in,to the stable for me. Choices the fog or the zombie centaur mmm, I'll take a centaur please DM. He has a powerful kill that hurts. A little help centaur is dead oh look the stable is burning down(who would of thought fire magic and straw don't mix). One eyed Willie caught (dont open the satchel). Tannith was down oh look a stranger is helping her,She's back up good. On the road get away from the FOG. Travel for hours what's in the FOG wolves figures why do they not attack. Two great ideas empty the satchel and put one eyed Willie in it. Oh not such a good ideas yes. Get away from the FOG. Too the rusty iron gates no we should of reached Daggerford by now,I know the way (I got 21 for survival). Damn the magic potato. Through the rusty iron gates we go wolves at the door or in this case gates. Find somewhere to rest we look tomorrow for Daggerford. Shutters on the windows silly superstition trinkets hanging up where are we (were not in faerum anymore toto sorry i meant Tannith). Hospitality awaits at the Bloody Vine. Three shadowy figures a drunk at the bar and an idiot serving still it could be worse they will have fermented yaks milk right. Keep warm by the fire,no that's dying,Ok yaks milk,no only wine,at least Ozzi not playing,ok spoke too soon. The locals don't like the insists he stops,before bloodshed the stranger steps in and calms everything down,shame would like to know how Ozzi was to wear his lute. Drunk is woken,why. I will play are game with the shadowy men. You win some you lose some. These men are gypsy types or as my people call them pikkies. They leave i watch. Madame Eva may know how to leave this place, see tomorrow for the night,no I will take chair by the fire. Wake up,scratching at door,they shall not pass- the threshold,Back to sleep.
Breakfast I will have meat. Open the door no scratches just marks on the mud pigs rutting yes. Ok meat,no gruel this place is not very good. On to the porch and eat,ah merchant open good,man sweeping outside. The stranger in our company He called Kane,He looks able. Merchant is very grumpy he has no meat. You lot talk to him I go outside. Look woman has pies for sale, you not want I will have, at last meat very good taste good yes.
roll high or go home

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2846

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
Bloody thing magic potato back Kane had it,how, is he spy for baron no can't be. Maybe Edwyn he is from this place I heard him say I'm sure,no he can't be.
Calling up to the spirit the sky
That's were I go when I die
but for now grandfather I call on you to aide me in this accursed place guide me protect me if not i will see you soon. Abreas Khul.
roll high or go home

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2863

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
The Journal of Tannith, Knight of the Most Eternal Order of the Martyr Saint Elizabeth

The darkness spews forth my Lord on legs of many, formed of bastardised creations betwixt man and horse. A strength of dark mighty it was that it cast me asunder, that abomination of undeath. A stranger came to our aid, rose I did and continued your good work.
We rested, surrounded by the unseeing and unwholesome miasmic fog that made our skin crawl and smothered us with feelings of unease and dread. We tarried into the swirling eddies of another otherworldly place, the light faded as we passed into the atmospheric mire.
We soon came upon a gate, feeling the presence of something else, for we were not alone in the deluge of mist ridden horror. Wolves were abroad, undoubtedly attracted by our sent and our wounds. They halted, as if guardians of this place, hemming us in and with no language any know bid us shepherded within. In no condition to counter their menace we were, our limbs still aching from the last struggle.
With, a land unknown to us. Questions abound. However, your presence still fills my heart and I feel strong, and with purpose here. Part of me feels like we are being taken as playthings by some powerful force of ill will. A town and a light is made out standing before a cyclopean edifice of a castle, emerging from the mists and of unfathomable height or mode of approach.
The Inn’s light provides solace, and conversation to the end that it is clear we are elsewhere. One of our own states we are in Borovia. Rest assured my lord that your will be done here, in your name. We exchange minor pleasantries and arranged bedding for the night.
I will not speak of what came forth in vision this night, accept that in the morning, the tang of blood remained fresh within my mouth. I was sure to take much water and milk of the morn to take away the festering taste.

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2866

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
In the undercroft,
a tragic story unfolds.
Death to vampire boy!

A worried sister,
searching for her lost brother.
Tracks to haunted house....

Four suits of armour,
all standing still and quiet.
Until they attack!

Where is lost drunkard?
Is he even in this house?
You've not found him yet.

Watching you blunder,
the magic potato waits.
Its time will come soon.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mikeawmids.

Curse of Strahd (Discussion) 6 years 1 month ago #2879

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
In the undercroft a boy awaits, what is he. He must be cleansed says Tannith,he must die with dignity. I hold him and take him outside to feel the sun on his face one last time. Tannith will bless the poor wretch and I will cleave his head from his shoulders,Edwyn has different ideas and plunges a steak into the boy. He breaks free from my grasp with surprising strength. He plunges at Edwyn misses and flies at Ozzi who had directed a spell at him. The boy resigns blow after blow down upon Ozzi scratching and tearing at his face. We fall upon the beast and eventually finish him. That could of gone better says Tannith. We console his father the priest. Returning to the tavern we find a woman who is looking for her lost brother who did not return home.
roll high or go home
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds