Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R6 2019 (RotRL) Spires of Xin Shalast

R6 2019 (RotRL) Spires of Xin Shalast 4 years 7 months ago #4307

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Discussion thread for the final rotation of this long running campaign.

Campaign diary: paizo.com/threads/rzs2nqgx?-Rise-of-the-Runelords-AP

With the defeat of Mokmorian, the giant army gathering at Jorgenfist was dispersed, but the shadow of doom still looms across the Varisian hinterlands. Karzoug the Claimer, one of seven ancient wizard kings, rouses from a slumber spanning generations and turns his avaricious eye upon a world ill prepared to resist his rule.

With the release of Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE), your heroic level characters are going to need a bit of re-jigging. You have two options;
1: I'll provide you with your existing character sheet and you can rebuild them to comply with the new rules (I can provide you with a PDF if you don't have a hard copy of the rules), or;
2: I'll rebuild your characters to comply with the new rules, keeping as close to the existing build as the rule changes allow.

@ Ted: if you want me to build your character sheet, post a description of the kind of character you want to play and I'll get it done.

Ideally, I want all the revised PCs ready to go for the start of week 1.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R6 2019 (RotRL) Spires of Xin Shalast 4 years 6 months ago #4329

• mikeawmids
Adam, let me know what kind of character you want to play.

Returning heroes: lizardman monk, human cleric of Sarenrae & half-orc meathead.

New characters: elven rogue & *sigh* fire-rabbit pyromancer (that's what I get for encouraging my brother to play). :p

R6 2019 (RotRL) Spires of Xin Shalast 4 years 6 months ago #4330

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
I'd like to play a rogue character please. I have no idea how to make characters in the new savage worlds tho haha

R6 2019 (RotRL) Spires of Xin Shalast 4 years 6 months ago #4331

• mikeawmids
Cool, so two rougish characters joining the party, who are embarking on a quest to find a lost city of gold. Excellent.

I'm imagining two Veteran treasure hunters who have worked together in the past, offering to guide the returning Heroic characters to Xin Shalast and hoping to profit from the expedition. I'm thinking Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan from the Uncharted games, or those two chumps from the Search for El Dorado animated movie.

Ted is playing an elf, what race do you see your character being?

If you describe your character concept below, paying particular attention to what he/she is skilled at, I can put a veteran character template together for you to modify/fine-tune.

R6 2019 (RotRL) Spires of Xin Shalast 4 years 6 months ago #4332

• TheRanger
  • Heroic Character
I'll play an elf too. Is it possible for me and Ted's characters to be brother and sister. I'm assuming that Ted is playing a guy? I see my character as a bow woman. Used to the art of stealth withers her brother. Seeking riches from whoever she can get it from.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by TheRanger.

R6 2019 (RotRL) Spires of Xin Shalast 4 years 6 months ago #4357

• mikeawmids
Spires of Xin Shalast – Week 1 / Part 1

The Heroes of Sandpoint have returned to the costal village where their fellowship was first forged. Where better to prepare for what will likely be their final adventure?

In the months since rescuing Ameiko from Jorgenfist, she has given birth to a beautiful baby girl. Rast dotes over his daughter and names her Gara, after a legendary dwarven hero. He and Ameiko ask Karack and Asha to be Gara’s godparents.

After his brush with death in the coliseum, Andor Drake decides he would rather seek self destruction at the bottom of a bottle than at the hands of a mad wizard king. He leaves his runeforged bow with Karack, before riding for Magnimar and a pauper’s grave.

Shalelu Andosana approaches Karack and pleads with him to abandon this doomed quest and run away with her.

“Let Karzoug have Varisia”, she cried, “At least we will have each other.”

“I cannot leave Asha and Grogg to face this evil alone,” Karrack answered, cupping her tear-streaked cheeks within his scaly hands, “They will need me before the end – as much as I need you.”

“In my heart, I knew this would be your answer,” Shalelu said, gently pushing Karack away, “That’s why I love you, even if that love will tear us apart.”

The teleportation circle beneath Thistletop is the most direct route to Xin Shalast, but the heroes soon learn that it has been disabled, most likely by vandalising the glyphs on the other side. It looks like the party will be taking the scenic route after all, for which they’ll need a guide to lead them through the snow covered spires of the Kodar mountains. Brodert Quink (eccentric scholar of all things Thassilonian) recommends the Faresight twins; Aeleana and Forbin, a pair of elven treasure hunters known to brave those lonely peaks in search of frozen tombs lying undiscovered beneath the ice. The siblings agree to join the party in exchange for Karack’s grand promises of “unlimited wealth”.

Preparations complete, the party board the Everstill. Mayor Deverin announces a public holiday to see the Heroes of Sandpoint on their way. Cheering crowds jostle along the waterfront as the old paddle steamer chugs out into deep water and turns north, toward the mouth of the Kazaron river. Over the next few days, trapped aboard the Everstill under the feet of the goblin crew,  the old guard get to know the new blood. Karack and Asha entertain the two treasure hunters with stories of the attack on Sandpoint, the Skinsaw murders and the battle for Skull’s Crossing. The Faresight twins recount the particulars of their tragic backstory.

On the fifth day of their voyage, as the Everstill approaches the town of Wolf's Ear, Asha is on deck topping up her tan (surreptitiously oggled by both Faresight twins), when she notices a movement on the plains. A dozen desperate refugees are fleeing from a band of orc savages! Lumbering behind the orc pack are a pair of hill giants. A pair of Black Arrows are doing what they can to buy the refugees enough time to reach the town.

"Captain Grogg! Stop the boat!" Asha cried, "Ware giants to starboard!"

There is a splash as Captain Grogg abandons the helm, grabs his runeforged axe and leaps overboard. The rest of the party gather to watch the muddy half-orc clamber out of the river and charge across the plain.

"I did say starboard." Asha said, turning to glance at the giants rampaging on the other bank.

"Nevermind. He'll turn up when he's hungry." Karack said, "First Officer Snot, take the wheel. Bring the Everstill into Wolf's Ear. We are going ashore to help those people!"
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by mikeawmids.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds