Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5: Game for the Gameless

R5: Game for the Gameless 7 years 7 months ago #1467

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
Hi guys,

I noticed we've only got 3 games up for this rotation, and since I'm not in one yet I wondered if anyone would like to start a new Dungeons and Dragons game. It's a bit late in the day so I'll be making this up as I go along somewhat, but I should be able to pull something together.

Rotation Number: 5
Referee: matt486
Game: D&D 5th Edition
Scenario Name: Game for the Gameless
Character Levels: 1
New Characters: Yes.
No. of players: 4-6

Let me know if you're interested and I'll bring my stuff down and we'll see what we get out of it.
The topic has been locked.

R5: Game for the Gameless 7 years 7 months ago #1474

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Hey Matt, did you get this game off the ground?

I was gonna' sit this rotation out, but the paint I was watching has dried and I find myself at a loose end. :p

R5: Game for the Gameless 7 years 7 months ago #1476

• Sarge
I'm sure he was running something last week, so it looks like it

R5: Game for the Gameless 7 years 7 months ago #1477

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
By all means join in if you want Mike!

R5: Game for the Gameless 7 years 6 months ago #1517

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
WEEK ONE
The heroes are hired to investigate reports of goblin activity in the immediate vicinity. Leaving the village, the party stumble into a goblin patrol. The party take one of the wretches alive, who reveals that the rest of his clan are digging for something in the depths of nearby cave system.

WEEK TWO
The heroes find the cave entrance and realise that the cave was previously occupied by a family of owlbears. A sleeping sentry is dispatched before he can raise the alarm.
In an adjacent cavern, a group of goblins frolic. The elven rogue (whose name I forget) bungles his stealth roll and the goblins abandon their revels to give chase. The party engage in a frantic melee against overwhelming numbers, yet somehow prevail. Their victory is not without cost, Bodec emerged from the fray with one less eyeball than he started with.

WEEK THREE
Continuing to explore the cave, the heroes discover a large host of goblinoids have barricaded themselves in another large cavern. A frontal assault would be suicidal (what’s new there?), so the party continue searching for an alternative entrance.
The tunnel ends in an ominous pit, traversed by a simple wooden plank. Securing a rope around his waist, Bodec descends to establish what lies beneath… which turns out to be a hungry roper. Bodec ascends quickly as writhing tentacles reach for him.
Retracing their steps, the party find an alternative path guarded by goblin archers. Tanglebeard charges their position and tumbles into a hidden pit. G’helm hops over the hole and vomits acid over the goblins. A bag of assorted potions is discovered in a side passage, Tanglebeard cuts some eyeholes in the coarse fabric and wears the bag over his head.
Beyond the goblin’s position reside the remaining owlbears, starving after being barricaded inside their own lair. Bodec attempts to befriend the least ravenous of the beasts and miraculously succeeds! He names the beast Bolek! The party find a curious golden circlet in a half-excavated shaft. Could this be the something the goblins are looking for? (in which case, they haven’t been looking very hard)

WEEK FOUR
With no better options, the party resign themselves to a frontal assault on the goblin barricade. Fires are kindled at strategic points and the smoke wafted into the cave. Coughing and spluttering, the goblins abandon their positions, but they are reinforced by a pair of hulking bugbears and a fearsome orc warlord! The goblins flee towards the roper pit, only to discover G’helm has destroyed the plank. The bugbears are not so easily cowed and rush to attack! Carrick incinerates the first in a pillar of holy fire, Bolek disembowels the second in a spray of gore. The orc warlord cuts through the party like a hot knife through butter, G’helm and Tanglebeard arrive on the scene to find Bodec & Bolek both mortally wounded and Carrick’s body hacked into a bloody jigsaw!
Together, G’helm and Tanglebeard manage to push the warlord into a refuse pit which they both imagined to be much deeper than it actually was (5ft!!). The warlord continues to lash out and incapacitates G’helm – who drops his torch into the pit, igniting the flammable gasses produced by owlbear shit. Flesh crackling, the orc warlord staggers out of the flaming pit and chases Tanglebeard around the room until he eventually burns to death. The dwarf finds several scraps of scorched parchment on the warlord’s body; a letter and a map!!!
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mikeawmids.
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds