Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drakkenheim City of Danger

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 5 months ago #6412

• moc
  • Elite Member
Ok sounds good..love the idea. Can you bring along the spells next week and I will look at them. See how it works and if they appear over powered.
The topic has been locked.

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 5 months ago #6413

• moc
  • Elite Member
Wishes for Hooded Lanterns -
1/ Control of the West gate.
2/ Death of the Lord of the Feast
3/ Alliance with the Silver Order
4/ Alliance with the Amethist Academy
5/ Where about of the Queen of Thieves
6/ Another safe haven in the Deep Haze

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 5 months ago #6414

• Count Crow
  • Tenth Level
I did think about the meteor swarm hitting the cathedral to kill the Lord of the Feast lol.

I know that the Silver Order are paladins and the Amethyst Academy are mages. Can we try and ascertain any more info on them?

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 5 months ago #6415

• moc
  • Elite Member
You have contacts for both .. River for the amethyst academy
Flame keeper in the village

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 5 months ago #6417

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Session 7

Not to be deterred by the death of another companion, the party continue their search for Eldritch Lilies in the few sections of the Queens Garden not presently on fire. After wandering in circles for several hours, they realise someone/something is fucking with their sense of direction. Sheldon charges through an illusory hedge and collides with a magical hobgoblin loitering on the other side.

The hobgoblin is named Julius, and he is hiding from the Guardian of the Grove, a powerful medusa who petrified the rest of his company. Not only is the medusa guarding the eldritch lilies, she is also jailor of the missing Queen Lenore! Dunbar is highly motivated to rescue the Queen and a convoluted rescue operation is devised.

Ok, not that convoluted, but we seemed to spend a lot of time debating before settling on 'shoot them from a long way away'.

The medusa, and the three undead knights who serve her are lured into the open by a series of explosions (using up the last of the grenades). The heroes focus fire on the Guardian, hoping to take her down before her gaze attack becomes a problem. Fetch deals a significant amount of sneak attack damage, then hides in a bush.

"I'm gonna' go stare at that bush!" the medusa declares, dashing across 80ft of open ground to glare into one very specific section of otherwise unremarkable shrubbery. Fetch is so surprised by her apparently supernatural powers of intuition that he meets her gaze and is turned to stone.

RIP Fetch

Aerin the Monk-Actually-Not-A-Bard-At-All runs up to the medusa and punches her so hard that she pretty much explodes. The three wight knights take significantly longer to finish, as the floaty bastards keep drifting over Dunbar's Spike Growths, but eventually the surviving heroes are triumphant!

The party rescue Queen Lenore, who is in rough shape after spending so long in the Haze. She is so grateful that she offers her liberators a Wish. The party briefly consider wishing Fetch or T'lorien back to life, before concluding they are better off without them.

"Can we think about this and get back to you?" Dunbar asks.

"No!" the Queen snaps, "You have to decide right now!"

"Jeez, alright.... How about some rare magic items, or something?"

"How about you shut the fuck up and wish for what I tell you to wish for?!" the Queen counters.

"Fine. Whatever." Dunbar sighs, "Let's just get you back to the Hooded Lanterns."

TBC
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by mikeawmids.

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 5 months ago #6419

• Count Crow
  • Tenth Level
I'm not going to make it tonight guys, I'm feeling a bit under the weather and don't want to spread anything around.

Good luck and channel that old knight from Indiana Jones and choose... wisely when using that Wish!
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds