Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drakkenheim City of Danger

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 4 months ago #6446

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Session 9/A

The party proceed along the secret tunnel beneath Read Manor. A large, glowing sign points the party to a room where they can resupply before the imminent boss fight. The room is chock full of healing potions and bombs! The party notice they have been joined by a gnomish pyromaniac called Martin, who immediately starts cramming black powder into his every orifice. The rest of the heroes are kinda' bombed out by this point, but Zoltan Vass can see which way the wind is blowing and grabs a crate of grenades, just to speed things along.

The party enjoy a luxurious eight hour break in the Room of Requirement before venturing back out into the tunnels. They enter what can only be described as a boss arena and see a single kobold reading the broadsheets. The kobold wants to chat before combat kicks off, so ID ushers Martin forward. As the gnome passes, ID lights a trailing fuse and takes a step back to watch the fireworks.

The resultant explosion annihilates Martin and whatever the kobold was about to transform into (the smart money is on a dragon). ID and Zoltan Vass are consumed by the rolling wall of fire that chases them down the tunnel, triggering the additional grenades Zoltan was carrying to kill them even more. Aerin manages to outrun the blast and retires from adventuring to do something boring in a field. Sheldon miraculously stumbles through a magic portal to safety, because Ted did not want to make a new character.

RIP Martin
RIP ID
RIP Zoltan Vass

Thus ends the adventure, with what was effectively a pointless TPK.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 4 months ago #6447

• mikeawmids
Session 9/B

Smash cut to the Twisted Frog, a seedy tavern on the outskirts of Drakkenheim. A magic portal opens up and deposits Sheldon the Tortle onto a stool at the bar. This establishment is operated by the Queen of Thieves, and she has an important mission for whoever happens to be in the room at this very moment! In addition to Sheldon, the new party consists of;

Snizz Snazz, a goblin wizard with a grating voice,

Gilfreize, definitely not a Hooded Lantern spy,

Ridoris, hexblade warlock and bad parent,

Kremit, the frog dude,

and Just Steve, a generic human fighter.

The Queen of Thieves wants us to go do a thing! On route, the party pause to waylay some helpless travellers, only it turns out they all have magical glaives that do mad lightning damage, until suddenly they don't. Just Steve is hit on the head and dies. It turns out he only has 8 HP max, after an evil turnip siphoned off the other 50. Regrettably, Ridoris heals him.

The party reach their destination, but cannot enter due to a forcefield. A mysterious woman appears on the other side to offer us a side quest. Just Steve has had it up to fucking here with side quests and ineffectually attacks the forcefield. Sheldon lures the mysterious woman out with a Mars bar or something, then attempts to grapple her. The woman teleports herself and Sheldon 100ft into the air, then drops him. Sheldon plummets toward the earth, lands on Just Steve and kills him again. Ridoris sighs and prepares to cast Cure Wounds....

TBC
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by mikeawmids.

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 4 months ago #6448

• moc
  • Elite Member
The Fallening fire channel their powers through their glaives. A bit like a war dancer may use shocking grasp. Via their weapon. I think that the turnip is evil. Maybe I should make the turnip be the big bad ! Bring on all your anti turnip statagies !

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 4 months ago #6452

• mikeawmids
Apologies, I will definitely be absent tonight and will most likely miss next week also. Christmas stuff! For Christmas! Have fun, happy New Year, see y'all in 2023.

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 4 months ago #6453

• moc
  • Elite Member
The last and final ... Something precious is in danger. Drakkheims Christmas. Santa asks the Hooded Lanterns for aid. The Lord commander puts his most expendable men on the job.
On the sleigh steps Sheldon the tortle , Sam the halfling wizard and our famous Siniz snatch the wizard goblin.
Santa has to leave the sleigh to deliver the presents to the kids. The party have to defend the sleigh against the agents of the Grinch. They fight off wave after wave of evil henchmen. Sam the halfling morphs into a scary looking Orc champion.
Then the Grinch appears. Santa hands out gifts to the party . Armed with the gifts and their courage they battle the Grinch until the most evil looking and smelling orc removes the Grinch from the sleigh with a large two handed axe. Saving Christmas for all of Dragonheim!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year ... One and all ! Raise a toast to the orc that saved Christmas!

Drakkenheim City of Danger 1 year 4 months ago #6462

• Uthelred
  • New Character!
Can I continue in game please
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds