R6/23 - The Expanse - The Rings of Redemption 7 months 4 weeks ago #6878

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Campaign
Ref: Sant
System: SWN hack of The Expanse setting
# of Players: 6
New Players: No
Special: Campaign, 6 seats reserved for returning players. If anyone wished to dip from this I am fine with it, as 6 is perhaps a little busy anyway.
Players: Jim, Hugh, AKA, Garuda, Inept, Rhodsey

There will be a significant amount of short, dark corridors.

2352. The people of the Sol system watched in morbid curiosity as a squid-like vessel rose from Venus and departed on a journey toward the edge of the solar system. Its designs finished, it left behind no more answers than it gave during its construction, just a vastly changed and depleted planet. From the destruction of Venus rose the Ring. The end result of the protomolecule’s long incubation on Venus, the Sol Ring (or just “the Ring”) stands near the edge of the known solar system. The monolithic structure defies expectation and explanation, assembled by and from the vessel that departed Venus. Exponentially larger than any man-made object, even the retrofitted Behemoth (eventually Medina Station), humanity can only guess its original purpose. If the Ring knows anything, it isn’t sharing, and that doesn’t seem likely to change any time soon.

2353. First entrance into ring space.

2355. Stealth coated asteroids slam into Earth. West Africa, North America, Bay of Bengal. Tycho coup, Fred Johnson murdered. Marco Inaros forms Free Navy, admits responsibility for attacks on Earth. Chrisjen Avasarala became Secretary-General of the United Nations. MCRN rogue fleet travels through slow zone to Laconia gate. More asteroids hit Earth. The Barkeith goes "Dutchman" upon entering the Laconia gate. The ship disapears with all onboard

2356: Free Navy conflict ends.

2357: 'Peace' breaks out...

2360: Present day, 8 years after our last story.

Between now and then i will need to go through character creation/conversion with everyone who is playing. This will involve a 'while we've been gone' blurb...
Last Edit: 7 months 6 days ago by Sant. Reason: Changed to R6 23
The topic has been locked.

R1/24 - The Expanse - Stories 7 months 4 weeks ago #6879

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Yes please!!

R1/24 - The Expanse - Stories 7 months 3 weeks ago #6882

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Hell yeah.

R1/24 - The Expanse - Stories 7 months 3 weeks ago #6883

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
I'll be there.
roll high or go home

R1/24 - The Expanse - Stories 7 months 3 weeks ago #6886

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
sounds good
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

R1/24 - The Expanse - The Rings of Redemption 7 months 1 week ago #6906

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
The ISS Promethean, once a proud UNN Frigate, now serves as the unconventional home and vessel for a freelancing crew. Aged and rugged, the ship bears the scars of countless battles, its UNN markings fading but still visible.

The exterior of the Promethean is a patchwork of repaired hull breaches, with darkened scorch marks from weapons fire. It's a testament to the ship's resilience, having endured the harsh conditions of space for decades. The ship's name, "Promethean," is stenciled on the side in bold, weathered letters.

Upon stepping aboard, one is immediately struck by the ship's character. The interior is a blend of utilitarian functionality and the quirky additions of the freelancing crew. The scent of recycled air, grease, and engine lubricants lingers in the corridors. In the mess hall, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee competes with the metallic tang of nutrient-rich meals. Each crew member's living quarters carries a personal scent, be it the earthy aroma of Xiang Chi's incense or the antiseptic cleanliness of the medical bay.
The Promethean is alive with a symphony of mechanical sounds. The thrum of the reactor is a constant, reassuring heartbeat. Corridor lights flicker with a faint hum, and the creaks and groans of the ship's aging hull provide a unique audio backdrop. The engine room echoes with the clanking of tools and whispered curses as Thatch tends to its needs. In the mess hall, laughter and conversation blend with the sizzle of cooking.

The ship has its quirks and eccentricities. In the cargo bay, a section has been converted into a makeshift garden, where lush greenery and colorful flowers contrast with the ship's metal surroundings.

The crew of the Promethean has left their mark on the ship. In the mess hall, there's a mural painted by Angelus Baptiste, depicting the Ring Gates and the alien structures beyond. Victor Lazlo's medical bay has a shelf of potted plants, adding a touch of warmth to the sterile environment. Xiang Chi's meditation area, filled with incense and calming music, can be found tucked away in a quiet corner.

Despite its age and quirks, the ISS Promethean is more than just a ship; it's a home to its crew. It's a place where their shared experiences, memories, and camaraderie have melded into the very fabric of the vessel, making it a unique and cherished part of their lives in the vastness of space.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds