Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R5. Odyssey of the Dragonlords

R5. Odyssey of the Dragonlords 3 years 9 months ago #5026

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Okay. So I'm still up for running this in rotation 5.

Could folk already signed up to this confirm that you still wish to join please. I won't be offended if anyone decides they want to stay away from the club a little longer.

I'm going to run with a max of 5 players. I would ask that players have at least the intention of regular attendance please.
In the interests of everybody's health and well-being we won't be using miniatures, or sharing books, dice or pencils etc.

I will be missing on the first week of the rotation (Thurs 13th August) as I'll be building sandcastles with my kids that week. However, as the week before is now effectively a free week I'm open to kicking off on Thurs 6th August, or maybe just doing some character creation on that night? Those who sign up to the game please let me know your thoughts on starting 6th August. Thanks.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
The topic has been locked.

R5. Odyssey of the Dragonlords 3 years 9 months ago #5027

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
There is a free player's guide pdf available for Odyssey of the Dragonlords. It would help folk get an understanding of the setting if you were to take a look at it - lots of interesting background history and character options. There are several places you can download it, so simply use google to find a source.

Please post what race and class you're intending to play.
To suit the style of story I want to tell, I'd prefer most characters to be traditional races please - human, elf and dwarf.
The races I'm not allowing are centaurs and sirens.
If somebody desperately wants to play as a minotaur, medusa or satyr, these are rare (for player characters) and somewhat monstrous (often associated with curses and bad omens) and I'll accommodate only one of these in the party if you provide a suitable background; don't expect to be made to feel welcome everywhere you go.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

R5. Odyssey of the Dragonlords 3 years 9 months ago #5028

• Candi
  • Tenth Level
Hi Garuda,

Re-Confirming my spot soo keen too get started, character creation / session 0 sounds perfect the week prior.

I will doo some reading too best match the story, but my 1st draft i got is a lawful good, Human, Rogue.(if you allow Xanathars for the subclass im looking too play)
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Candi.

R5. Odyssey of the Dragonlords 3 years 9 months ago #5029

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Hey Garuda. I'm nominally in at the moment I'm still playing it by ear to see what i'm comfortable with. would be good to get a report on how it went at the club this thurs as well.

@Candi there's actualyl some setting specific archetypes in the player guide you might want to look at as well. including an interesting Rogue one.

For me depending on the dice I'm thinking of playing an Elven Wizard as I've fancied playing a Bladedancer. But depends how the dice come out. He'll probably have to be someone who washed up on the shores since that's a Faerunian thing.

R5. Odyssey of the Dragonlords 3 years 9 months ago #5030

• moc
  • Elite Member
Would like to join in. Not sure what I would like to play. Can you drop a link for the introduction

R5. Odyssey of the Dragonlords 3 years 9 months ago #5032

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds